Unified Acupuncture Theory - 3 Levels of Training IRELAND 2021
“Having the opportunity to study under Daniel Deriaz at the start of my academic career introduced me to the various types of acupuncture that existed and opened my eyes to the limitless possibilities. Upon completion of my formal acupuncture training I went on a quest to learn and acquire as many different styles and techniques that I could. This ranged from Worsley style 5 element, to Manaka Japanese style acupuncture, to Master Tung acupuncture, to Korean Sa’am 4 needle technic, and finally to Dr. Teh-Fu Tan and his balance method. It was with Dr. Tan that I was able to find a common thread between these different styles and allowed me to combine them into practical clinical treatments.”
Jonathan Shubs – UAT Founder and Creator.
MODULE 1 : FOUNDATIONS
13th and 14th March 2021
Leixlip, Kildare, Ireland
So what is UAT?
UAT is a method for understanding the mechanisms of how acupuncture works.
It explains the underlying principles of meridian systems and interactions. Coming from an integrative mindset, the UAT facilitates inter-disciplinary (hence unified) approach to acupuncture.
What does this mean?
Jonathan has created a simple system that underlies all major acupuncture modalities including:
– Balance method
– I Ching
– Distal needling
– 5 element theory
– Saam acupuncture
– Japanese acupuncture
– Manaka acupuncture
…and of course foundational TCM
This will allow you to incorporate many different approaches into a coherent unified system for incredibly effective treatments…with fast results!
The course includes the following :
- A mathematical model of the meridians and their interactions.
- Supporting evidence of the mathematical structure taken from the classics (Nei Jing, Ling Shu, I Ching) as well as modern mathematical principles.
- A systematic explanation of how to apply the structure in treatment and how to choose the most effective treatment method.
- How to incorporate various treatment modalities into a single system
- OUTLINE FOR THE FOUNDATION TRAINING
- Treat pain in anywhere in the body with distal needling. This course is based on the article “The Foundations of Channel Theory” printed in the Journal of Chinese Medicine in September 2012 (issue 100) and years of studying with Dr Tan and his Balance Method.
- This course describes, explains and leads to a real understanding of how and why meridians interact with each-other and how to use this information to improve clinical results.
- This information is invaluable in the clinical setting as it permits the acupuncturist to understand why they are choosing the acupuncture points they are using and to develop customized treatment plans for their patients.
- TCM has been teaching that each point has indications as to its function. These indications are often given without an explanation as to why or how the point works.
- This course demystifies this seemingly empirical information and gives the acupuncturist confidence in their treatment plan and allows them to know that their patient will get better.
MODULE 2 : FIVE ELEMENTS
2 Day Intensive – UAT 4 Needle & 5 Elements
Leixlip, Co Kildare, Ireland.
28th and 29th August 2021
UAT 5 Elements for internal disorders
Verify your diagnosis, use few points, get instant feedback on the efficacy of your treatment, have the patient feel involved in their own treatment. Using dynamic 5 element theory and simple needle techniques you can get excellent clinical results.
This course uses Sa’am’s Korean 4 Needle acupuncture method to tonify, disperse, warm, or cool any meridian in the body. By only using 4 needles (2 on each side of the body) the practitioner can initiate very powerful changes in the body. In adding abdominal palpation the acupuncturist can make a very precise diagnosis and also receive instant feedback to the effectiveness of their treatments. This course consists of the following:
An explanation of traditional 5 elements points in the body and their use in a dynamic system
Method of selection and step by step systematic understanding of how to choose the 4 needles.
Abdominal palpation for precise diagnosis and instant feedback
Module 3 : The I CHING
6th and 7th November 2021
Leixlip, Kildare, Ireland
This course creates 12 distinct treatment patterns based on the I Ching Ba Gua, Unified Acupuncture Theory, and the balance method.
These 12 patterns can treat an array of internal functional problems with a particular focus on anxiety and insomnia.
These 12 patterns are based on three main concepts – dynamic interactions, static interactions, and the meridian code.
The combination of these three concepts together enable treatment on many levels, including-musculoskeletal problems, functional affections, internal imbalances, and psychological and emotional states.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:-
- Identify and apply dynamic interactions.
- Identify and apply static interactions.
- Understand the principles behind the meridian code and how to apply the Guas to the individual meridians.
- Know the symptomology and indications for each of the 12 patterns.
- Understand the three main paradigms in which the 12 patterns are created.
- The six levels of YIN and Yang.
- The three levels of UAT model.
- The three relationships of the midday midnight coupled with the entry exit relationship.
- Know and be able to create the treatment of each of the 12 patterns using eight needles in total.
- Understand and be able to apply the six patterns used for vertical meridian diagnosis in pain or other affections of the meridians.
- Understand and be able to apply the six patterns used in insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Understand and be able to apply the four patterns for external attacks.